Swiffer Sweeper Crochet Cover
Written by Teresa Richardson
Video Tutorial: Swiffer Sweeper Crochet Cover
Video Tutorial: Swiffer Sweeper Crochet Cover Left Hand Version
Skill Level - Easy
HDC - Half Double Crochet
CH - Chain
SL ST - Slip Stitch
Size I/5.5 mm crochet hook
4 ply yarn
Half Double Crochet
- Wrap the yarn over your hook, insert your hook below the two loops at the top of the stitch.
- Wrap the yarn over the hook, pull through
- Wrap the yarn over your hook, pull through all 3 loops
If you are a beginner, you can find a playlist for the basic crochet stitches by clicking on this link. Beginner Crochet Stitches
Crochet Geek YouTube -http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963
Crochet Geek 2 YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/crochet
If you are familiar with the foundation stitch, you can start off with a row of 42 foundation half double crochet.
16 inches by 5 inches across
10 inches by 5 inches with the folds
Work a chain of 43.
Row 1: Work 1 HDC in each stitch across, turn
Row 2-11: CH 1, this chain 1 will not count as a stitch, only the step to the next row. Work 1 HDC in each stitch across.
Sewing the sides
- You will count back 7 stitches and fold them on top, on each side.
- You will sew the sides together, knotting well at the starting points
- Upon completion, knot, secure and hide the tails.
You will easily be able to slip the cover over your Swiffer Sweeper.