Crochet Improvising and Imperfection
This is a past project of mine that I view as flawed. It was made with the intentions of being submitted to the Iowa State fair about 4 years ago. Well, that did not happen. I started out following written instructions that I had purchased, but in the end, it is probably half from the instructions and half from improvising. It just did not seem to be working out right. So instead of scrapping it all together, I started to improvise. I did not like how the bust turned out with the shaping of the increases and decreases. Other than that, every thing else turned out ok. There are about 12 tiny pearl beads that I used for buttons down the back. I did chain loops for each of the buttons. The collar, sleeves, hat and leaves are accented with the same tiny pearl beads. I found it easier to add the edging beads on later with a needle and thread. I know that Barbie has changed in size, so I imagine that a lot of my purchased dress patterns will not work any longer and maybe that is why this pattern did not work. In the end, maybe I am to hard on myself.