Crochet Flower - Made from Plain Old Circles
- You will need to create 5 small circles (2 rounds)
- I am including the third round for this circle, even though the example is made with only two rounds.
- You can make this project with thread.
Crochet Geek YouTube -http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963
Crochet Geek 2 YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/crochet
Size H Crochet Hook
4-Ply Worsted Weight Yarn
Chain 3, Join
Round 1: CH 1, 12 DC in the loop, join in the first double crochet.
Round 2: CH 1, 2 DC in ea DC around. ( 24 Double Crochet Total)
Round 3: CH 1, *2 DC in next ST, 1 DC in next ST. Repeat around from * ( 36Double Crochet Total)
You have a choice of two edgings to choose from. You can also use an edging of your own if you would like to.
Edging 1: Reverse Single Crochet
Edging 2: SL ST between stitch, *CH 3 SL ST in same sp, SL ST in next SP, Repeat around from *, join.
You will want to cut a length of yarn to attach the circles together.
- The first frame shows the circle, in preparation to being added to the other petals.
- You fold the circle about 1/3 of the way up to form a straight edge along the bottom of all 5 circles.
- Fold the bottom points of the large circle together and run the needle through, pulling snug and securing. You will want to shape and adjust your petal at this point.
- Knot and secure your petals. Hide the tail.