Crochet Butterfly - Made from Plain Old Circles
- You will need to create 2 large circle (3 rounds)
- two small circles (2 rounds)
- You can make this project with crochet thread
Written by Teresa Richardson
Size H Crochet Hook
4-Ply Worsted Weight Yarn
Chain 3, Join
Round 1: CH 1, 12 DC in the loop, join in the first double crochet.
Round 2: CH 1, 2 DC in ea DC around. ( 24 Double Crochet Total)
Round 3: CH 1, *2 DC in next ST, 1 DC in next ST. Repeat around from * ( 36Double Crochet Total)
Edging 1: Reverse Single Crochet
Edging 2: SL ST between stitch, *CH 3 SL ST in same sp, SL ST in next SP, Repeat around from *, join.
You will want to cut a length of yarn to attach the circles together.
Click on the Image for a Larger View
- The first frame shows a large circle and a small circle for the left side of the butterfly. The right side has already been added. I started with the small circle, then the large circle on the right side of the butterfly. Now I am attaching the left side of the butterfly.
- You fold the circle about 1/3 of the way up to form a straight edge along the bottom with both circles.
- Fold the bottom points of the large circle together and run the needle through, pulling snug and securing. You will want to shape and adjust your wing at this point.
- Fold the bottom points of the small circle together and run the needle through, pulling snug and securing. You will want to shape and adjust your wing at this point.
- Knot and secure your butterfly. Hide the tail.